Is a visual artist and published poet...
hailing from Chicago, Austin, and Boston. After years traveling as a journalist she found her home in Islamorada (an island chain just a hop from Key West) and began focusing solely on her art. Valerie's work is split in a divide: playful linocut and woodcut prints, and dark, inky, deeply personal monotypes that blur the line between poetry and visual art.
Valerie's work lives in private collections across the U.S. and in more than 15 countries around the world.
*More work, including her monotype pieces, can be found through her representation at Saatchi Art.
Selected Clients / Lectures / Publications
• Speaker, Sotheby’s 2020 Artists of the Florida Keys
• Partnership, Port of San Diego 2020
• Partnership, Kea Lani, Maui 2019
• Feat. Atlanta Magazine “Keys to the Keys” Oct. 2020
• Feat. PBS Art Loft 2017 & 2019
• Feat. Miami’s “Culture Crusaders”
• Feat. GOOP
• Feat. For Women Who Roar Magazine
• Finalist, New Letters Lit. Awards
• Finalist, May Sarton Poetry Prize
• Feat. Delmarva Review
• Feat Bluestem Literary Magazine
• ZONE 3 Press
• Fellowship Recipient, SLS Unified Literary Awards (Lithuania & Kenya)
European Cultural Center
Kevin Barry Fine Art
Santa Monica, California / Online Ongoing
2017 - 2020
Resident, Morada Way Arts and Cultural District
Saatchi Art Emerging Artists Exhibition
Brooklyn, New York